News Flash Points
- The Sisters of Providence in Chile experience the needs of displaced children and youth especially through their schools and children’s homes. Right now they are rebuilding a women’s residence destroyed in a fire; in responding to the tragedy, they decided to create a Center of Providence Spirituality to house their work for justice, peace, and the integrity of creation.
- In Zaragoza, Spain, the Religious of Jesus and Mary, in collaboration with another organization, have opened up their home to welcome abused women, who live and share their lives with the sisters.
- Remember 2011 Woman of Courage Jessica Ernst? She was the principal speaker at the Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary Chapter last summer. They had a “Fracking Teach-In” to explore issues related to environmental damage from the extractive industry, especially ground water pollution.
- This fall, Ursuline Sister Michele Morek OSU used UN resources at www.thinkeatsave.org/ (also in Spanish and French) as background to give an internet radio interview discussing ways to reduce the amount of food being wasted in the world. Click here to listen to the 24-minute interview.
- The Carmelite Sisters of Charity of Vedruna are also media stars! Check out the US National Catholic Reporter Online!
- S. Philippa, a Religious Sister of Charity from Zimbabwe and working in Zambia, had this to say!